Friday, June 17, 2016

Thank you

It's been a week of priceless highs with advocating for our Ds babies and seeing our former foster daughter. It's also been a week of tragic lows in our community with the murder of so many fellow Americans and the devastating death of a little boy. It's been tough to process. The common thread that weaves through it all is that Every life is valuable and worthy. And life is fragile.

There are so many people I need to thank for helping us get our message out there that people with Ds are precious and change our world for the best. I need to start with Kat Abianac and Parker Myles for starting this blazing fire!! You are awesome :) Amanda Dickinson, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful piece in The Mighty; Genevieve Shaw Brown, for spreading change so quickly at ABC; and for Jillian C Benfield with your follow up and wonderful advice. And I have to tell Jen Jacob how much DSDN has meant to me for all the support after Emersyn was born. Lastly, thank you to all my Rockin' moms and my amazing friends and family. It's because of all of you that we made a difference. 

In the good and the bad, remember that the the light will always drive out darkness. This sounds like an acceptance speech, which is fitting - I did win an Emmy! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment